Links 1 June 2009
- Pinyin News interprets a vitamin drink ad with Bush and Obama.
- The Razzel Berry encounters a bicycle traffic jam.
- Waakao profiles a weekend BMX and surf warrior.
- Taipei Biking discovers U-Bikes extending their range.
- Felicia tells the story of Su Beng’s noodle shop in Japan.
- The Far-Eastern Sweet Potato writes that Taiwan representative’s appearance before Canadian parliamentary committee was a missed opportunity.
- Andres checks out the Xinzhuang Temple Parade.
- The Wild East on the English teaching meltdown.
- A-gu notes Ma endorses referendums on sovereignty issues.
- Katie in Kaohsiung joins the dragon boat races.
News: Vice-President’s illness raises constitutional questions. DPP must support Chen Shui-bian’s judicial rights. AlJazeera reports on planned nuclear waste dump in Taidong (video). Taiwan ranks 3rd in Asia in climate change performance ranking. Jonathan Adams reports on the de-mining of Kinmen. Taiwan confiscates cocaine-laced energy drinks.
Events: There is an event to commemorate the Tian’anmen Square Massacre at the park opposite Watson’s in Shi-Da Road, Taipei at 7pm on 4 June. Bob Log III at The Wall on 9 June. The Taipei Film Festival is coming up from 26 June to 12 July. Craig is organising a photowalk in Taipei on 18 July. Check the Taiwanderful events calendar for more events.
Announcement: I am suspending the weekly links. Thanks to all those who have given me positive feedback about them. I will write a post next week recommending some other ways to keep up with the latest on Taiwan blogs.