Links 27 April 2009
- ESWN translates a story on a politician who changed his name to try and get nominated as a candidate.
- Lao Ren Cha has a big list of all the best places to eat in Taipei.
- Taiwanese Identity on the Siraya’s ongoing struggle for recognition.
- Michael Turton on the US-China-Taiwan triangle.
- Letters from Taiwan writes that Legislative Yuan fights are unforgivable.
- A-gu on a MAC poll which shows Taiwanese support the status quo.
- Barking Deer has DIY package for climbing Yu Shan.
- iReport interview with Taichung Mayor Jason Hu. Letters from Taiwan has some analysis.
- Neil Wade has some excellent photos.
- Felicia talks about why she decided to write about Su Beng. The Boston Examiner has an interview with Su Beng.
- Pinyin News on the use of interjections in Pinyin.
- Darren has some cosplay photos.
- On Puttering observes cuteness in Taiwan.
News: Richard Bush on the Taiwan Relations Act. Denny Roy on the US’s changing position on Taiwan. Parris Chang on Beijing’s changing approach to Taiwan. Chen Yi-nan on the impact of UN rights treaties. Ohters are skeptical about the government’s legislation on rights. Chinese investment threatens Taiwan’s media freedom. China parades its naval power.
Environmentalists criticise government on Earth Day. Executive Yuan approves renewable energy plan. Taiwan has a high density of solar hot water systems. Topco Scientific builds solar power station. Smangus gets energy efficient lights. Giant expects more growth in bike production.