- The Razzel Berry goes to a baseball game.
- Letters from Taiwan has a fantastic SF piece on future Taiwan-China relations.
- Bike Hugger on Taipei’s bike rental system (with video).
- Michael Turton on the factional infighting in the DPP. Taiwan Echo translates the DPP’s nomination rules.
- My Several Worlds interviews LP author Joshua Samuel Brown.
- Sponge Bear on links between Taiwan and Hokkaido.
- A-gu translates an article by Lin Cho-shui: Becoming a vassal of Beijing.
- Jerome Keating asks who owns Kinmen and Mazu.
- Scott Sommers on alternative models of education.
- Rolands recommends the Taichung Airport.
- Craig has great photos of Sun Moon Lake.
News: Peter Huang explains why ratification of UN rights covenants is important. Retired prosecutor criticises the death penalty. Michael Turton in the WSJ on how Chinese culture is used as a political tool in Taiwan. (Also see 中文 translation and discussion on the Talking Show). Former CNA Chair Su Tzen-ping writes that press freedom is threatened. US court avoids political decision in Taiwan sovereignty case.
History I never knew about: the 6 April 1949 incident at NTNU. Strong opposition to nuclear waste in Taidong. Electronics executive critical over government’s slow pace on green tech. Sewage discharge is killing Kending coral. The Philippine Star on scooters in Taiwan and lessons for the Philippines.
Twitter: I am now twittering as @davidonformosa. You can follow me if I don’t follow you first. My twitter updates are also on the right hand sidebar of this blog.