- The Bala Daily on a fantasy novel with Taiwan connections.
- Poagao plays with Kazakh musician Yerboli.
- The Far-Eastern Sweet Potato discusses plans to professionalise the military.
- Shan Ding Lu on Taiwan the garden nation.
- Taiwanonymous has a list of English words used in Chinese.
- Lao Ren Cha visits the Hakka town of Beipu.
- The Wild East talks to an anthropology student studying the Taroko people.
- Letters from Taiwan says the KMT are agnotologists.
- Neil Wade has great photos of the Tibet protest.
- Rolands on how to choose a good restaurant.
News: Meggie Lu has a feature article in the Taipei Times on the history and legal issues of the Songshan Tobacco Factory site. Environmentalist activists criticise the government for lack of action. Amis from Taoyuan clash with police in protest. Legislators concerned about HSR debt problem. Women’s group seeks end to adultery law. Former KMT member running as an independent wins Miaoli by-election.
GIO Minister Su Jun-pin (蘇俊賓) responds to Freedom House article. The Freedom House article is here. Johnny Neihu discusses a review of NSC chief Su Chi’s book in the Taiwan Review. The book review in question is here.
U-Theatre (優人神鼓) are performing The Mountain Dawn at the National Theatre from 20-22 March. Tickets available from www.artsticket.com.tw.