- Todd visits the Sand Sculpture Festival in Nantou.
- Fili visits the Buddhist centres of Fo Guang Shan and Chung Tai Shan.
- Michael Turton on pollution problems in Daliao.
- Neil Wade takes some great photos of Tainan and Kaohsiung.
- Lost Laowai interviews Richard of the Peking Duck.
- Ashish goes strawberry picking in Miaoli.
- Shan Ding Lu hikes to North Dawu Mountain. Kate goes hiking in Maokong.
- Hanjie visits Meinong in Kaohsiung County.
Events: The Taipei Book Fair is on from 5-9 February (4 Feb trade only). Amnesty International has a documentary screening for Red Hand Day in Taipei on 12 February. Also see the events calendar at Taiwanderful.
In the news: The past week has been Taiwan’s silly season for news. The news was dominated by reports of traffic jams, red envelopes and two black-and-white bamboo munching creatures in the Muzha Zoo.
A few items of interest… Taipei County has development plans for the now demolished UFO houses. The Economist discusses Chen Shui-bian’s trial. Roger Lin’s legal case on the status of Taiwan in the US Court of Appeals. Former Vice-President Annette Lu seeks support for her proposed newspaper venture.