Links 29 December 2008
- Claudia Jean on KMT control of the media.
- Michael Turton on KMT manipulation of the judiciary.
- Jerome has the letters from US Members of Congress to George Bush and Taiwanese American Congressman David Wu’s letter.
- James Tung visits Wuling Farm.
- Fotozon visits the east coast.
- Around Taiwan in 80 Days walks along the coast near Taidong.
- The Far Eastern Sweet Potato on Taiwan’s removal from the Human Rights Watch website.
- Wild Strawberries reject the Legislative Yuan’s proposed changes to the Assembly Law.
- Lao Ren Cha recommends some Southeast Asian restaurants in Taipei.
Events: The Taipei Times recommends some places to go on New Year’s Eve in Taipei and Taizhong and more things to do around Taiwan. The MRT will run all night in Taipei. Avoid the stations near Taipei 101 though.
On 1 January there is a rally to support PTS (公視) in Taipei. Meet at 1:00pm at Freedom Square and then march to the Legislative Yuan.
Media: VOA reports on the low number of Chinese tourists. Taipei Times reports nonstop flights are harming Taiwan’s tourist industry. Taipei Times editorial on Taiwan not having an asylum law. Johnny Neihu speculates on the reasons why John Tkacik left the Heritage Foundation. Action in the Legislative Yuan: review of the Parade & Assembly Law, Diane Lee’s case delayed.