- Pashan discovers the Biyahao Historic Trail.
- The Far-Eastern Sweet Potato on the downgrading of the Han Kuang military exercises. The Foreigner also comments on the issue.
- ampulets travels by train in Central Taiwan.
- Michael Turton on direct links and drug smuggling.
- The Wilds of Taiwan on using Twitter to teach ESL.
- George Clerk goes from Hualian to Taipei the long way.
- Jerome Keating on Chen Shui-bian and double standards.
- Lao Ren Cha says go to Maokong.
Media: Reporters Without Borders expresses concern about threats to media independence in Taiwan. Paul Lin on the police visit to his home, which follows accusations of police intimidation by Chen Tsung-yi.
EPA seeks to tighten EIA regulations. David Chen interviews Wu Bai (伍佰). 亂 is Taiwan’s character of the year. Taiwan Journal article about the Zhang Xueliang Memorial in Qingquan. NTU professors say Taiwan can generate electricity from ocean currents.