- I-fan at Global Voices on the eviction of the Wild Strawberries. The Foreigner in Formosa on police misconduct. The Wild Strawberries issued a press release. (Please note: The Wild Strawberries and Tibetans returned to Freedom Square within a few hours to continue their protests.)
- Fili is looking for participants for a cross-cultural relationships survey.
- Sinosplice on a better way to teach tones in Mandarin.
- Sponge Bear describes a Taiwanese bus tour.
- Claudia Jean writes about a high school student who shouted at President Ma.
- Michael Turton reviews The Politics of Locality.
- Wild at Heart on Acer’s greenwash.
- The NH Bushman drives the Southern Cross Island Highway.
- Fotzon visits the Shuili Snake Kiln.
Events: Taiwan Photo Club meeting on Sunday 21 December in Taipei. Details at flickr.
Media: Independent journalists protest against the NPA Chief. New government measures threaten the independence of Taiwan’s Public Television Service. Taiwan News editorialises on the KMT public TV takeover. Civic groups rally in support of PTS.
Merida expects bikes sales to go higher in 2009. Tsai Yu-tai and Tan Wei-en write that Taiwan’s environment policies must change. Culture.tw on betel nut beauties. Jimmy Chuang writes on the debate about detentions without charge. Interview with Canadian human rights lawyer David Kilgour. Ralph Jennings writes Taiwan-China links bring no immediate benefits.
Please note: I post links to many blogs that reflect a wide diversity of opinions about Taiwan. A link in no way endorses a blog or implies that I agree with its content. If you have comments about any of the blog articles linked to then the most appropriate place to comment is on the blog where the article was originally posted. Comments of a more general nature or relating to events or news articles are still most welcome.