The above photo was taken at the hunger strike at the Legislative Yuan on Friday night. I wrote about it in an earlier post and also documented it in a photoset at flickr. I was there with Darren who has a great report and photos. Claudia Jean rounds up the news from the event. Memories of Past Tense also reports on Friday night’s activities. If you can understand Hoklo Taiwanese please watch Professor Tsai being interviewed by Shieh Jhy-wey. Meanwhile more from the Taiwan blogosphere…
- Patrick discovers where Taiwanese racism comes from.
- Taiwan Dream Foundation talks about what it really means to be Taiwanese.
- Arbiter of Waste comments on cosplay.
- Andres has great photos of the north coast.
- Michael Turton has a statement from FAPA on recent arrests and concerns about human rights.
- Bike Hugger looks at small wheel bikes in Taipei.
- Shan Ding Lu has a great photo essay on rubbish in Taiwan.
- Scott Sommers analyses the role of foreign workers in Taiwan.
- Ilha Formosa writes about studying Mandarin at NCKU.
Events: The Golden Horse Film Festival is on in Taipei from 6-21 November.
Civil disobedience seems like a theme in the Taipei Times this week. Chen Yi-chung writes that Taiwanese need to read up on Thoreau and an editorial on the beginnings of civil disobedience. There is also an interview with Professor Tsai about the motivation for his hunger strike.