- A hungry girl finds chocolate cake at Black as Chocolate.
- A variety of opinions on the NT$3,600 coupon scheme from Isla Formosa, Taoyuan Nights and Taiwan Democracy Movement.
- Claudia Jean writes about military officers on Taiwanese university campuses.
- Michella visits the source of the Chishang biandang.
- Jerome has Annette Lu’s statement on Chen Shui-bian’s detention.
- A-gu writes about the lack of dialogue between the parties in Taiwan.
- Michael Turton has a series translating the journal of a Japanese officer in Taiwan in 1930: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.
- Stop Hushan Dam has butterfly photos. Todd has more butterflies.
- From the Wild Strawberries: November 20 situation update and response to National Police Agency.
Events: Bike Smiling (Taipei) is on Sunday 30 November. Meet at the main gate of NTU at 3:00pm. Breakfast meeting on Saturday 29 November. Michael Turton has the details. Check the Taiwanderful events calendar for more events.
Media: Press release from Freedom House calling for independent investigation of clashes between police and protesters. Ye Min writes on the significance of Chen Shui-bian. The Economist on Chen Shui-bian in jail. Jenny Hsu at the Taipei Times analyses international media coverage of Chen’s detention. A Filipino’s view of lessons to be learnt from Taipei.
Taipei City plans to remove illegally parked bicycles. Weekend services on the Taipei MRT Muzha line to be suspended to allow for system testing in preparation for the opening of the Neihu line. The Xiao Bitan line will also be closed from 9am to 4pm for half a year beginning from 10 December. The Maokong Gondola remains closed.