Bloggers have done a great job covering the many events that went on in the Taiwan last week. While the international media only paid cursory attention to the protests and human rights issues, bloggers provided detailed and up to date information. Special thanks to A-gu, Memories of Past Tense, Michella and bloggers at Global Voices for their excellent posts.
- Must read first hand accounts of the 6 November protests by the Far-Eastern Sweet Potato and Michella.
- Jerome Keating describes the incompetence of Ma Ying-jeou.
- Todd on identifying butterflies.
- Michael Turton goes to a baseball game.
- Shu Flies on the fat and the skinny.
- I-fan Lin at Global Voices on the student protest (which continues). Students are also protesting in Tainan. Update: Michael has just posted an interview with the protesters in Tainan.
- Stop Hushan Dam on the tracking of Grey-faced Buzzards.
Events: Check the events calendar at Taiwanderful. You can also add your events there.
Media: Jonathan Manthorpe writes on the detentions in Taiwan. Johnny Neihu writes about the police state in a well nuanced article, different to his usual tone. Ben Goren’s letter to President Ma in the Taipei Times.
There have been some problems with the availability of this blog recently. I am working to resolve the problem. If you can’t access the blog send me an e-mail with details of the error message.