- Wise Kwai’s Thai Film Journal writes on Thai films at the Taiwanese box office.
- Mouse Eared Kiwi explores a Taiwanese supermarket.
- A-gu analyses Ma’s statements calling Taiwan a region. The Foreigner in Formosa also questions the logic involved.
- Steven Crook on the Dingtugou Butterfly Village.
- Craig photographs military bunkers on Jinmen.
- Fili writes about Taiwan’s IT industry competitiveness.
- Lao Ren Cha recommends some hikes in Pingxi.
- Claudia Jean asks if the one party state has returned to Taiwan.
Events: EarthFest is on at the Kunlun Gardens in Longtan from 10-12 October.
In the news: The Maokong Gondola was shut down for at least a month for a safety inspection. Rains from Typhoon Jangmi eroded away the soil under a pillar. Taipei City Councillors initially raised the alarm. DPP councillors later raised more concerns about the geological assessment.
Radio Taiwan International was hit by allegations of bias from the KMT government resulting in the resignation of several board members. A-gu covered the issue in detail. Johnny Neihu also had some commentary on the issue. Go to the RTI website, listen and judge for yourself.