Typhoon Jangmi (薔蜜颱風) hit Taiwan over the weekend bringing heavy rains and strong winds. I’ll post a report later today or tomorrow.
- Portnoy at Global Voices discusses the resurgence of Taiwanese cinema.
- Shan Ding Lu has a great story of his father visiting Taiwan by yacht.
- Michael Turton writes about a foreign university lecturer in Taiwan being sued for words he allegedly said.
- Barking Deer has some very useful advice about applying for mountain permits.
- Roy Berman at Mutant Frog Travelogue on the ongoing name games in Taiwan.
- Tea Masters describes medium roast Wenshan Baozhong tea.
- Lao Ren Cha reports on the dress rehearsal for Confucius’ birthday.
- Lady the Tramp visits the National Palace Museum.
- Pinyin News has more rules for Hanyu Pinyin.
- Todd goes cycling in Nantou.
Events: The Anti-Human Trafficking Film Festival starts in Taipei on Friday 3 October and also goes to Taizhong, Kaohsiung and Taidong. More information at www.goh.org.tw/AntiHumanTrafficking (中文) and Taiwanderful.
Don’t forget to register your blog for the Taiwan blog awards at Taiwanderful. Registration closes tomorrow and then voting begins on Wednesday.