- Jerome Keating on the rhetoric of the Cairo Declaration.
- Prince Roy comments on a New York Times article about food in Taiwan. Lao Ren Cha also adds her two cents.
- Talking Taiwanese on the importance of mother tongue education.
- The Foreigner on the China Post and Chen Shui-bian.
- Todd goes to Car Free Day in Ershui.
- Shan Ding Lu checks out the orange line of the KMRT.
- Michael Turton looks at A Borrowed Voice.
- Sponge Bear on Taiwan’s National Health Insurance.
- Pinyin News posts detailed rules for Hanyu Pinyin.
- Taoyuan Nights has some numbers on the housing market.
- Global Voices profiles blogger Leonard Chien.
Events: There is a benefit concert for Burma at the Dog Pig Cafe in Kaohsiung from 3:00pm to 5:30pm on Sunday 28 September.
In the news: Hanyu Pinyin will become Taiwan’s official romanisation system in 2009. The Taipei Times also editorialises on the topic. Taiwanese movie Cape No. 7 tops the box office. China Airlines hits more turbulence. Railways in the news with the official opening of Kaohsiung MRT orange line and the underground line from Songshan to Nangang.
It’s great to see some more blogs added to the Taiwanderful blog directory. Don’t forget to register your blog before 30 September to be in the running for the Taiwan blog awards. Check my shared items at Google Reader and Taiwan delicious links for more.