- Steven Crook writes about the bus revolution.
- Reports on the 830 protest from Michael Turton, The Only Redhead and Tim Maddog.
- The Far Eastern Sweet Potato reviews Linda Arrigo and Lynn Miles’ book A Borrowed Voice.
- Roy Berman at Mutant Frog Travelogue has some observations about Taiwan.
- Taiwanonymous on scooters getting towed.
- Darren Melrose has great photos of Longshan Temple.
- Shu Flies looks at some Mandarin textbooks.
- Andres visits the old street in Sanxia.
- Taiwan Taipei Talk visits the Hongshulin mangrove forest.
- Todd goes cycling in Nantou.
In the news: Excellent feature in the Taipei Times on the policing of sex. Dan Bloom writes about the Brzozowski family who have a TV program teaching English using Hoklo Taiwanese. Jinshan on Taiwan’s north coast selected as a storage site for nuclear waste (it already has two nuclear power plants). Taipei MRT line construction delayed for one year (so they should open on time one year late?).
Events: Check out the Mammoth Exhibition at Taiwan Democracy Memorial Hall. It features the remains of two mammoths frozen in the last Ice Age. It runs until 4 November 2008.