Links 25 August 2008
- Michael Turton and Ben Goren on the Taichung shooting incident.
- Oiwan Lam at Global Voices rounds up the blogosphere’s response to the Chen Shui-bian corruption scandal.
- Pinyin News has a couple of interesting posts about the numbers of people learning Mandarin in UK degree programs and post-secondary schools in the USA.
- Pashan hikes the Pingxi crags.
- Sponge Bear on Japan, Taiwan and the US cooperating.
- Arbiter of Waste on the return of crony capitalism.
- Scott Sommers on the cost of education.
- Biking in Taiwan rides the Hengchun Peninsula.
- A-gu on the birds around his home.
Events: Bike Smiling (微笑單車上路) is on at 7:00pm Friday 29 August starting from the main gate of NTU in Taipei. There is also a ride in Kaohsiung.