5 June is World Environment Day. The theme for 2008 is "CO2, Kick the Habit! Towards a Low Carbon Economy." Rather than writing something new I will just collect the links to some posts I have written about climate change.
- Taiwan has a huge problem – Taiwan's rising CO2 emissions closely linked to economic growth
- Taiwan Review goes green – Kaohsiung City's extremely high greenhouse gas emissions
- More about climate change – some articles about climate change
- Talking about climate change – climate change needs to be taken more seriously in Taiwan
- Climate change is very real – emissions and climate data highlight the problem
Here are some links to recent media articles on World Environment Day and climate change in Taiwan.
- EPA kicks off 'Kick the Habit!' campaign for Mother Earth – China Post
- Save energy with daylight savings: DPP lawmakers – Taipei Times
- Firms eye China for carbon credits – Taipei Times
- Activists offer environmental solutions – Taiwan News
- Taiwan to monitor greenhouse gases – Taipei Times
- Legislators question, criticize the EPA's energy-saving policy – Taiwan News
- The key to our energy is balance – Taipei Times
I participated in the climate change actions in Taipei in 2006 and 2007. The next international day of action on climate change is on 6 December 2008 to coincide with the UNFCCC Climate Talks (COP 14/MOP 4) in Poznan, Poland. Actions will be held in Taipei, Kaohsiung and other cities in Taiwan.