- Max Hirsch at Thirsty Ghosts on the US Navy near Taiwan.
- Craig has photos of the Mazu pilgrimage.
- The Burning Forest notes rising energy use in Taiwan.
- Shan Ding Lu hikes the awesome Batongguan Trail across Taiwan.
- Alive and kicking has an interesting story about Chaoqun's dumplings.
- My Several Worlds photographs the Calla Lily Festival.
- Talking Taiwanese on some of the problems of being an academic in Taiwan.
- Todd eats some Vietnamese food in Nantou.
- Michael Turton the Lafayette case.
Media: Stephen Nelson in the Asia Times on Chiang Kai-shek's name in Taiwan. Bruce Jacobs on the South Korean elections. The Record of the Harvard Law School reports on their alumni being elected president of Taiwan. The article also mentions another notable Taiwanese Harvard Law alumni, V-P Annette Lu.
Kevin Rudd: Sinosplice has a post on Kevin Rudd's Mandarin ability. Geremie Barme of ANU analyses Kevin Rudd's speech at Peking University. Here is an English transcript of the speech. Does anybody know where to find the original Chinese text?