Books from Amazon.com

Cosplay in Taipei

Fancy Frontier cosplay at NTU in Taipei, 17 Feb 2008

Today I visited Fancy Frontier 11, the manga and anime exhibition at the NTU sports centre in Taipei. I didn't even go into the exhibition as much of the action takes place outside with Taiwan's cosplayers out in force along with a bunch of photographers to capture the spectacle. I also went last year and the page proves ever popular on this blog, as do the photos at flickr. I popped in to today's event and took some more photos. After all the cold weather recently it was nice that the sun was almost shining.

Cosplay at NTU - preparing the costume - 17 Feb 2008

Participants put a huge amount of time and effort into their costumes. Above you can see someone putting the final touches to their costume.

A photographer working together with the cosplay model - NTU, taipei, 17 feb 2008

Photographers also put a lot of effort into capturing the cosplayers at their best. Both the photographer and the cosplayer are giving 100% here.

Colorful group of cosplayers at NTU, Taipei - 17 Feb 2008

This group shows off some wonderful costumes in different colors.

Fancy Frontier cosplay girl at NTU in Taipei, 17 Feb 2008

For more cosplay photos you can visit my Cosplay in Taiwan photoset or check out the Taiwan Cosplay group at flickr. Also see Bryan Wu's Fancy Frontier 11 photoset.

Comments

Comment from Todd
Time 18 February 2008 at 9:54 pm

Looks like a great time… I missed it again!

Comment from David Reid
Time 18 February 2008 at 11:43 pm

Todd, I found out the next one is on 24-25 April at NTU. I’ll try to remember to post an announcement on the blog.

Pingback from TheNHBushman.com | Bushman’s Picks, February 24, 2008
Time 24 February 2008 at 6:08 pm

[...] Reid spent the day in the company of fantasy women. That’s right, he attended Fancy Frontier 11 at the NTU sports center in Taipei. Man [...]

Comment from Carrie
Time 27 February 2008 at 9:41 pm

Two years running and I keep coming back to these posts of yours and wondering how I missed it! I’ll be looking for an announcement from you in April. Terrific photography David. It looks like you had a blast!

Comment from John
Time 3 March 2008 at 9:27 pm

Im always very impressed by the quality of cosplay in taiwan that i see in various photo sets, they do it well.

I have a cosplay photo gallery http://www.cosplaytoday.com/ that you can use for free at any time.

Pingback from April Events | CraigFergusonImages
Time 28 March 2008 at 9:40 am

[...] weekend of April 26 and 27 sees a cosplay event taking place at NTU, Taipei. David Reid has a report and some photos from the last cosplay that was held [...]

Pingback from Cosplay at Petit Fancy 8 – NTU, Taipei – David on Formosa
Time 27 April 2008 at 11:28 am

[...] Yesterday I went to Petit Fancy 8 at NTU to capture some of the cosplay action. Todd, Darren (also with a new WordPress blog) and Craig were also there and I suggest you check out their pics. Also have a look at Bryan Wu's photoset at flickr. I have uploaded more of my photos to the Petit Fancy 8 set at flickr. Also see my previous cosplay posts, Cosplay at NTU and Cosplay in Taipei.  [...]

Comment from pat
Time 7 May 2008 at 12:13 pm

I am going to Taipei in mid june. Any cosplay that I can catch in Taipei? Where is NTU in Taipei?

Thanks

Comment from David Reid
Time 8 May 2008 at 7:37 am

pat, Fancy Frontier 12 is on 26-27 July at NTU. NTU is National Taiwan University. It is near the Gongguan MRT Station.