Typhoon Krosa dumped a huge amount of rocks on the bend in the Xindian River at Bitan. It seems to have become a popular new fishing spot.
- FiLi on the pressures faced by Taiwanese students.
- Learning Mandarin Chinese Insights has some great advice for language learners.
- Talking Taiwanese on the quality of Taiwan's universities.
- Craig hikes the Taoyuanli Forest Trail.
- Todd goes hiking on the Xianjiyan Trail.
- HannoStamm goes birding in Taiwan.
- Sponge Bear goes bird-watching in Seisui.
- Tea Masters has a great post on tasting Wenshan Baozhong Tea.
- The Foreigner has something to add to the UN for Taiwan post office controversy.
- Check out fjny's great Taiwan photos at flickr.
Media: The Taipei Times on Friday reported that the Council of Indigenous Peoples (CIP) has defined the boundaries of Aboriginal communities and set guidelines for the collection of forest products. This is in response to the Smangus case.