Links 16 July 2007
Sunset at Fisherman's Wharf in Danshui
- Several bloggers have written about the twentieth anniversary of the end of martial law: nostalgiphile, Michael Turton, Ben Huang and Tim Maddog.
- The New Hampshire Bushman talks about manufacturing in Taiwan vs Korea. Michael Turton also had a post on this topic.
- Holly looks at making investments at a Taiwanese bank.
- Check out Taipei Terminus, a French photoblog which takes an alternative look at Taipei City.
- Todd goes birdwatching in Beitou.
- Taipei Trash talks about overfishing.
- Nostalgiphile on grading students.
- Somimi talks about racism and cultural differences.
- Michael Turton sent me this link: Google Earth台湾地标引发两岸网友争议. It's written in simplified Chinese. A brief summary: A battle has broken out between Taiwanese and Chinese netizens over the Presidential Building in Taipei being labelled the "Fake Presidential Building" (偽總統府) on Google Earth.
There is plenty of great reading in the Taiwan blogosphere. Michael will have more links later this week and I'll have more next Monday.